Scotland is a thriving, multi-cultural country but has large areas of land unpopulated except for herds of sheep and a diverse collection of wildlife. Most of our 5.4 million human population live in the central belt. The mountain ranges, lochs and ancient forests that cover much of the rest of the country are an explorers’ paradise.
Your Vintage VW Campers adventure begins in Falkirk, central Scotland. We are located approximately a five minute drive from local attractions, The Kelpies and The Falkirk Wheel, also Falkirk Train Stations (where we can collect you). A thirty minute drive from Edinburgh airport or a forty-five minute drive from Glasgow Airport, with good public transport links or taxi options, means that Scotland can be your oyster easily from our HQ.
The majority of our guests head north to the Trossachs, Argyll, Fife, Perthshire, Tayside, Aberdeenshire and the Highlands and Islands but some go to East Lothian, south to Ayrshire, The Borders, Dumfries and Galloway, or further, crossing the border into England; to Northumberland, The Lake District and Yorkshire.
The North Coast 500
The North Coast 500 is very popular with our guests, we recommend minimum a week long hire to enjoy this, longer if possible, there are so many beautiful places to visit.
Scotland is a great country to enjoy:
- Castles & Historical Buildings
- Lochs & Glens
- Birds & wildlife
- Cycling & mountain-biking
- Island hopping
- Ceilidhs & music festivals
- Highland Games
- Scotland’s larder
- Aurora borealis chasing & star-gazing
- Rambling, hillwalking, mountaineering, Munro-bagging
- Distilleries & Breweries (Scotland has very strict drink drive laws, so you need a designated driver who isn’t sampling, or look at our campsite list for ones close by.)
- Unspoilt Beaches (Let’s keep them that way, please. Take only memories & photos and leave only footprints behind.)